Tchaikovsky’s Piano Trio Auditions “In Memory of a Great Artist”
The ballet “Aleko” whose backdrops are featured in the collection of the Aomori Museum of Art, was inspired by Tchaikovsky’s Piano Trio, and choreographed by Léonide Massine. Marc Chagall was responsible for the visual art components of the ballet including the backdrops.
The Aomori Museum of Art is holding auditions for performers of Tchaikovsky’s Piano Trio in A minor – Op. 50 “In Memory of a Great Artist” to hold a concert featuring the 3 backdrops from the actual ballet in hopes of conveying the time when these backdrops were used as living works of art on the stage.
leaflet (PDF / 242KB)
- Travel Expenses and Accommodations
- Judge Panelists
- Application Deadline
- How to Apply
- For Further Information or Inquiries
- Applicants will not be discriminated on bases of their nationality, place of residence or age.
- Successful audition applicants must be able to perform in a 50-70 minute public concert including the entire work of Tchaikovsky’s Piano Trio that will be held on Saturday, January 19, 2013 at the Aomori Museum of Art.
- The piece to be performed will be Tchaikovsky’s Piano Trio in A minor – Op. 50.
The movement to be performed will be indicated at the time of audition.
- Applicants must appear and perfom at the time specified on the day of public auditions at the Aomori Museum of Art.
Travel expenses for audition applicants from their place of residence to the Aomori Museum of Art will be provided, however travel expenses exceeding 50,000 JPY per group will not be provided and applicants will be responsible for the difference.
Accommodation expenses are to be borne by the individual.
- Kiyoshi ASANO (Pianist)
- Tami NODAIRA (Composer, Music critic)
- Koji HASEGAWA (General Director of Performing Arts, Aomori Museum of Art)
- Kaoru HANAZAKI (Celist)
- Chiyoshige MATSUBARA
Date: Saturday December 1, 2012
(Audition times will be specified at a later date depending on the applications received)
Aleko Hall, Aomori Museum of Art
Date: Saturday January 19, 2013
Time: Performance begins at 7 pm, Doors open at 6:30 pm, Reception begins at 5 pm
Location: Aleko Hall (unassigned seating for 200), Aomori Museum of Art
Performers: The group selected by Tchaikovsky Piano Trio Auditions
All applications must be received by Sunday November 11, 2012
Please complete the application form and send by postal service, fax, or e-mail by the deadline.
the application form (PDF / 242KB)
lease contact:Aomori Museum of Art Performing Arts Promotion Executive Committee
Piano Trio Office Aomori Museum of Art
185 Chikano, Yasuta Aomori City, Aomori Pref. 038-0021 Japan
E-mail：email@example.com (Please include “Audition” in the subject line)